Planning a visit to our neck of the woods but a little strapped for cash? Don’t worry, we got you! Keep this trusty list handy – we’ve uncovered 25 things you can do on the Gold Coast for $25 or less, this winter and all year round. You’re welcome.
FUN FOR EVERYONE
1. Make friends with the stars of the Free-Flight Bird Show. For just $15 you can book the 25-minute Exclusive Behind the Scenes Tour at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and get up close and personal with Australian bird wildlife!
2. Get your Happy Gilmore on and head to Surfers Paradise Holey Moley. 9 holes for $15 per person, or 18 holes for $25 per person – there’s a bar and karaoke too! #yaaas
3. Hit the cinemas and watch it louder and larger in the VMAX theatre at Event Cinemas Pacific Fair Shopping Centre. Adult tix are just $25!
4. Grab the gang and let loose on the lanes at Strike Bowling Surfers Paradise. With beer on tap and buffalo wings on the menu, that’s your social outing for the week sorted. On Thursday’s you’ll get two games for the price of one! $16 per person.
5. Need some downtime? We’ve done the maths: 6 x sessions for $60 at Pilates & Co. = $10 per sesh! That’s what we call an affordable investment for your mind, body and soul.
6. Watch all the action from 77 levels above ground at Q1 SkyPoint Observation Deck. With unsurpassed 360° views of the coastline, skyline and hinterland, this is quite possibly our city’s most spectacular vantage point! One Day Ticket Adult – $25, Child – $15.
7. Make a splash at the GC’s all new Aqua Park! The kids will go nuts for the inflatable waterpark fun – and you’ll get to kickback while they’re supervised by the friendly lifeguards. $19 per child for 50-minute admission.
8. On ya bike! Head into Crooze Electric Wheels in Central Broadbeach (located opposite the convention centre and next door to the Broadbeach IGA), and get ridin’ around with an electric bike to see the sites. Just $25 for an hour hire.
9. Try your hand at the Gold Coast’s favourite ocean sport and hire a SUP with Go Vertical! For $25 you’ll get an hour on the water and a healthy dose of vitamin D – don’t forget the sunscreen!
FOR THE FOODIES
10. PIZZAAAAAA! For authentic, Italian wood-fired pizzas on the Gold Coast, you can’t look past Gemellini in Nobby Beach. Literally, the entire pizza menu is $25 and under [insert drool emoji here].
11. Make like the locals and head to the iconic waterfront Charis Seafood in Labrador for some of the tastiest fish and chips on the Gold Coast. Prawn cutlet combo = $23.90 (beware of the seagulls and pelicans).
12. Check out the GC’s burgeoning craft beer scene and crack a cold one at the Burleigh Brewing Co. Open to the public for special events Thursday’s and general openings on Friday through to Sunday, they’ve got you sorted with local food trucks and live music too.
13. Join the Gold Coast’s #plantpower movement and tuck in with a big delish bowl of vegan quinoa chilli nachos at Greenhouse Canteen & Bar – $21!
14. Load up your fridge with fresh local produce from the Sunday farmers’ markets! Best twenty you’ll ever spend is on a mango or avo tray.
15. Start your morning the right way and say hello to the team at Neptune Kiosk in Tallebudgera (Bam Bam Bakehouse’s smaller creek-side sister). Skim latte, acai bowl and Nutella cruffin please! #caloriesdontcountontheweekend
16. Chill out and soak up the true Gold Coast atmosphere at our surf clubs. With $25 in your pocket you’ll enjoy a laidback lunch with an unbeatable view. P.S – Don’t forget to pop a coin in the SLSQ donation bucket.
17. Beer, bar snacks and beats. Check out Soundlounge in Currumbin for a super cool live music scene. Gig tix go for as little as $15!
18. Swing by Miami Marketta for a nightlife and foodie fix that won’t break the bank. A cheeky twenty will get you a brisket burger and a bevvie – and the live music doesn’t cost a thing!
19. Get amongst the electric atmosphere of the Gold Coast’s epic sporting culture at Metricon and Cbus Super Stadium. Check out the What’s On calendars for all the deets and bag yourself a seat up close to the sweat!
20. Take a squiz at HOTA’s calendar line-up. There’s epic and affordable ticketed arts/culture/music events all year round.
21. Love a good laugh? Head to Nobbys Arc on Wednesday nights from 7.30pm to attend the free Based Comedy Night. Choose from a selection of local craft beers on tap or delicious signature cocktails and a meal to boot for your $25. Try a beef or mushroom burger from $16, or get your hands on the Arc’s Deep Fried Tim Tam desert, with salted caramel ice cream for just $10. You’re welcome.
FOR THE NATURE GOERS
22. Experience the one-of-a-kind eco adventure that is Tamborine Mountain’s Rainforest Skywalk. Single adult admission costs $19.50, while a family of four can explore the canopies for just $49 (we’ve done the calcs, that’s $12.25 each).
23. Throw a twenty in the petrol tank and head for the hinterland! You can’t put a price on what awaits at Purling Brook Falls in Springbrook National Park.
24. How does a vino with a view sound? Head north to enjoy fresh hinterland air, sprawling greenery, endless blue skies and incredible views of the Gold Coast from atop Tamborine Mountain… there’s a number of award-winning wineries to choose from in this charming little town and we’ve heard whispers that tastings start from just $5!
25. Take a trip to the rainforest after-dark for a magical experience at Tamborine Mountain’s glow worm cave! Twilight Tours are scheduled every Friday and Saturday evening, with family passes starting at just $18.