Where to chill out at ‘Cooly,’ as the locals call it.
- Enjoy a long lunch at Baskk Kirra Point.
- Be in two places at once at the Queensland/New South Wales border. The views from the headland are worth the wander to the Captain Cook Memorial and Lighthouse.
- Learn to surf with Gold Coast Surfing Centre or just watch the waves with a pot and parmy at Rainbow Bay Surf Club.
Find out why Currumbin is one of the most loved spots on the Coast.
- Head to Currumbin Alley for the calm, transparent waters that link to the sea. Stand-up paddle boards are ready to be rented. If you prefer solid ground, head to Elephant Rock or make your way inland to Currumbin Valley.
- Get friendly with the feathered and furry locals at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Lemurs and exotic wildlife have recently moved into the new Lost Valley precinct joining resident roos and cuddly koalas.
- Our salty city produced these four fabulous surfing pros (we’re talking: Mick Fanning, Joel Parkinson, Bede Durbidge and Josh Kerr) and they in turn have gifted us with some of the best craft beers in Australia. Head to Balter Brewing Company for tunes, bites and award winning brews.
If you’re one for lively atmosphere, Broadbeach has got the goods. Sophistication meets the sand in this central hub.
- Fuel up with brekkie at the new Kurrawa Surf Club right on the beachfront, and shop up a storm at Pacific Fair.
- Stroll through Broadbeach Mall for live performances and a hub of foodie hotspots including Main Street Burger Bar, Elk Espresso and The Loose Moose.
- Seek out the hidden treasure of Aloha Bar and Dining for cheeky, tiki drinks, or sip cocktails on the lawn of the lush Garden Kitchen and Bar at The Star Gold Coast.
Hit up Southport to explore the precinct and picturesque Broadwater.
- The city’s original CBD knows the importance of good coffee. Chill out and perk up throughout Nerang Street, Australia Fair Metro or local favourite, Randy Wallhole.
- Picnic with the fam in Broadwater Parklands. The start and finishing location for the Triathlon and Marathon is complete with amazing kids’ playgrounds on land and on the water. Check out AquaSplash to get your inner gladiator on.
- Get your theme park fix at Sea World a little further north, and indulge in dinner along the pier at Marina Mirage next door.
Home to the Commonwealth Games Village, you may recognise Labrador from your screens in April ’18. Be sure to check out the surrounds to see why so many nations fell in love with it.
- Just six minutes from the Gold Coast Hockey Centre, Harley Park is the place to go to unwind. Take in Broadwater views, enjoy a picnic by the ship-themed playground or climbing playground with flying fox to the north, and watch the pelican feeding outside Charis Seafoods.
- Stop in for live bands and a cold one at The Grand Hotel and Kokonut Willys before wandering along Marine Parade at twilight for the most stunning twinkling view of the city skyline to the south. Grab an ice cream or fish and chips at the shops under Aqua as you pass by lazy fishing spots along the Marine Parade boardwalk.
- Love the satisfaction of being adorned with fancy bags after a day of shopping? Load up guilt-free at Harbour Town Outlet Shopping Centre.