The Future Bid Leader Conference Grant is open to individuals committed to bringing a conference to the Gold Coast.
The grant provides financial support to individuals who are prepared to attend a national or international conference to actively bid to host a future conference on the Gold Coast. The grant is designed to assist in covering the cost of travel, accommodation and registration fees with grants ranging from $2,500 for attendance at national conferences and up to $5,000 for international events.
Download the Brochure here.
How to Apply
To apply for a Future Bid Leader Conference Grant, you’ll need to prepare a submission that addresses the selection criteria.
Selection Criteria (1,500 words maximum)
- Tell us about yourself, your education, current position and your link to the conference you are applying to attend.
- Tell us about the conference. In this section you should include background information about the number of delegates who attend, rotation pattern, which organisation would be the local host and if it has ever been held in Queensland.
- Tell us why you think there is an opportunity for the conference to be held on the Gold Coast.
- Tell us why you think attending this conference would be helpful in attracting this conference to the Gold Coast.
The judges will review your application against assessment benchmarks that consider:
- - Size, demographics and program that will bring the most economic impact
- - Potential to win based on conference history, rotation, links with Gold Coast industry, industry relevance and research achievements within our region
- - Strong local delegate base
- - Committed and strong local team available to bid and host
- - The role of the Future Bid Leader in the local organisation (committee or board member)
- - Connections and influence of the Future Bid Leader within the governing national or international organisation.
What Happens Next?
Once your application is received, a judging panel will assess your submission. The judging panel will review your submission against the selection criteria and if you are short listed, you will be invited to attend an interview.
07 5584 6259 I firstname.lastname@example.org
07 5584 6256 I email@example.com