Applying for a job
VACANT POSITIONS WITH DESTINATION GOLD COAST (DGC) ARE ADVERTISED EXTERNALLY ONLINE AT WWW.SEEK.COM.AU AND ON THE CORPORATE WEBSITE. DGC ALSO ISSUES AN ALERT VIA EMAIL TO INTERESTED PERSONS LISTED ON THE DGC EMPLOYMENT DATABASE. IF YOU WISH TO BE INCLUDED ON THE DGC EMPLOYMENT DATABASE, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR REQUEST TO RECRUITMENT@DESTINATIONGOLDCOAST.COM. BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME AND THE PREFERRED EMAIL ADDRESS FOR NOTIFICATIONS.
How to respond to a DGC Job Advertisement
1. OBTAIN A COPY OF THE POSITION DESCRIPTION
This is done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to quote the reference number for the position in the subject line of your request.
Each position within DGC has its own Position Description that outlines the following:
- Main objective
- Position activities and key performance indicators/measurements
- Key reporting relationships
- Knowledge, skills and abilities (both essential and desirable)
- Key competencies
2. PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION
The following layout is preferred for all DGC advertised positions:
- Cover letter outlining your relevant knowledge, skills and
experience as per the selection criteria in the position description.
This should be one to two pages
- Copy of your most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV)
When preparing your application, please remember:
- CVs or resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered for advertised positions
- DGC will only accept submissions in PDF or Word format
- Your cover letter and CV should be aligned with the Position Description
- If you are stating that you meet relevant skills, knowledge and experience in your application letter, it’s important that you provide examples of how you meet these.
3. SENDING YOUR APPLICATION
Once you have prepared your application, it is important to ensure that your submission is received on time and prior to the close off date so that it can be included in the short-listing for the interview process.
This can be done in two ways:
- Submit your application to email@example.com quoting the position reference number in the subject line of your application.
- Submit your application via the www.seek.com.au website
4. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF YOUR APPLICATION
DGC does not acknowledge receipt of applications. If you wish to follow up to ensure your application has been received, please email your request, quoting the position reference number to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DGC’s end-to-end recruitment processes generally take 6 - 8 weeks to complete. If your application is successfully shortlisted you will be contacted for an interview and may be required to undergo assessments and exercises as part of the selection process.
If you are unsuccessful in being granted an interview for a specific job, DGC will advise you accordingly via email once the vacancy has been filled.
Please note that it is a requirement to always submit a specific application for each individual job advertised within DGC.