1. This competition ("Competition") is conducted by the Gold Coast Tourism Corporation Ltd ABN 75-009-935-184 of Suite N301 Oracle North, 12 Charles Avenue, Broadbeach, Queensland, 4218, phone (07) 5592 2699, (“Promoter").
2. Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who:
(i) are Australian or New Zealand permanent residents.
(ii) Enter the competition by using the tag #WeAreGoldCoast via Facebook and Instagramduring the promotional period.
(iii) Who are not employees of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition; ("Entrant").
4. The Competition commences at 12:00 pm AEST on 24/2/17 and closes at 05:00 pm AEST on 6/4/2017("Entry Period").
5. Except as otherwise indicated, all amounts stated in these conditions are stated in Australian dollars.
6. To enter, applicants must share their social media content online through their own social channels using the tag #WeAreGoldCoast on Instagram and Facebook. The winning entry must relate to the theme applicable at that time, as announced by Lauren Bath (@laurenepbath).
7. There is no cost to enter the Competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
8. Entries must be posted during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
9. The Promoter may reject an Entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
10. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by an Entrant invalid if the Entrant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
THE PRIZE AND THE WINNER
11. Six winners (“Winners”) will be selected at 3.00 pm AEST on 10/4/2017 at Gold Coast Tourism, Suite N301 Oracle North, 12 Charles Avenue Broadbeach QLD 4218.
12. The Prize winners will be notified in writing via their social media account within two days of the winners’ selection. The name of the prize winner will be published at for a period of not less than 28 days.
13. The Winners are entitled to a share in a prize pool valued at up to $5,000.
14. The Prize notification will state that the Prize has been won and will include instructions as to how the Winner may claim the Prize and establish his/her entitlement to it. The Winner must be able to prove to the Promoter’s satisfaction, that he/she satisfies the requirements of being an Entrant pursuant to condition these Terms and Conditions.
15. Should the prize not be claimed, the Promoter may conduct an unclaimed prize draw at 10:00 am AEST at Gold Coast Tourism, Suite N301 Oracle North, 12 Charles Avenue Broadbeach QLD 4218, on the 30/6/17 to distribute any prize unclaimed by that date subject to any written directions given by a relevant lotteries or gaming authority. The Winner of any unclaimed prize will be notified in writing via their social media account within two days of the draw depending upon the information they provided to the Promoter when entering. The name of any prize winner will be published on www.visitgoldcoast.com/terms-and-conditions on 5/7/17 for a period of not less than 28 days.
16. The Entrant grants these rights to the Promoter which are perpetual and acknowledges that the Entrant will not receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) from the Promoter in connection with the making, use or storage of the Content.
17. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), subject to any relevant lotteries or gaming authority regulation’s, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
18. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
(i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise,
(ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications;
(iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
(iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise);
(v) any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the Prize.
19. All of the Promoter's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. If for any reason any element of the Prize becomes unavailable or not capable of being delivered to the Winner for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter will have no obligation to provide a similar prize to the Winner or otherwise compensate the Winner in any way.
20. All Entrants enter the Competition at their own risk and the Winner accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for and indemnify the Promoter in respect of any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Entrant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including without limitation:
(i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
(ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
(iii) any liability for personal injury or death. The Promoter may request that the Winner sign and return a deed of release to this effect as a condition of the Prize being awarded. If the Winner fails to sign and return such release, the Winner may forfeit the Prize.
21. All Entrants consent, by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter's products.
22. Prizes are not transferrable or redeemable for cash and are subject to availability.
PRIVACY, DISCLOSURE AND CONSENT TO USE INFORMATION.
23. The Entrant acknowledges and permits the Promoter during and after the Competition to:
- collect, store, handle, access, manage, transfer, use and disclose personal information about the Entrant, including name, suburb, age and image, in connection with the Content. This includes transmission outside of Australia. The Entrant may revoke its consent to this clause at any time upon written notice to the Promoter, however existing uses of the Images and Recordings will not be impacted by this revocation or withdrawal of consent;
- contact the Entrant for any reason related to the Competition or other activities of the Promoter.