Experience the world’s oldest culture in true ancient story-telling style with Spirits of the Red Sand. Follow the epic story of an Aboriginal family in their life changing journey from dreamtime to the turbulent 1800s as the British and Aboriginal worlds collide.
Delivering a powerful storyline, this first-of-its-kind experience brings to life chapters of a true moving story as you move through diverse sets within an 18th Century Australian town.
From the start of the live theatre experience to indigenous song and dance, the 3-course dinner and the final meet and greet of cast and crew – this is a completely immersive evening that will open your eyes to the history, beauty and vibrancy of the Aboriginal people.
- Coach Parking
- Conference/Function Facilities
- Enquiry Desk
- Family Friendly
- Food and Refreshments
- Gallery / Museum
- Lawn / Gardens
- Non Smoking
- Picnic Area
- Shop / Gift Shop
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with allergies and intolerances.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COUNTRY
Destination Gold Coast acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we are situated, the Kombumerri families of the Yugambeh Language Region.
We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging, and recognise their continuing connections to the lands, waters and their extended communities throughout Southeast Queensland.