ABOUT PLAY MONEY
The City of Gold Coast is investing $3 million into a ‘Play Money Rewards' program to support the city’s tourism, dining, retail, and arts/culture industries. The program will be facilitated by Destination Gold Coast.
The ‘Play Money Rewards' program is available to Gold Coast residents with 60,000 rewards of $50 each on offer. ‘Play Money Rewards' will be activated when the purchase is $100 or more.
‘Play Money Rewards' can be redeemed at participating Gold Coast tours and attractions (including arts and culture experiences), accommodation, restaurants, and local retail businesses.
A limit of one (1) ‘Play Money Reward' will be available to Gold Coast residents aged 18 years or over from 9:00AM AEST on Thursday, 16 September 2021 until the maximum allocation of 60,000 ‘Play Money Rewards' have been exhausted. 'Play Money Rewards' will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
All ‘Play Money’ rewards must be used by 11:59PM AEST on Friday, 31 December 2021.
To be part of the ‘Play Money Rewards' program, businesses must:
- be permanently established and based in and conduct their business within, the Gold Coast local government area and have an active ABN that is registered to an address within the Gold Coast local government area;
- be a registered COVID safe business and have a COVID-19 Safe Plan in place;
- operate in one of the following eligible industries:
- cafés and restaurants;
- tours and attractions including scenic and sightseeing transport;
- arts and culture including performing arts operations, theatres, and entertainment centres;
- accommodation (excluding private rentals, Airbnb etc);
- local retailers;
- amusement, theme parks and water parks;
- recreational activities such as go-karting, indoor climbing, mini-golf etc.;
- outdoor adventures; and
- complete an Expression of Interest and submit this by 5:00PM on Friday, 27 August 2021
Businesses operating in the following industries are not eligible to be part of the ‘Play Money Rewards' program:
- national retailers;
- products or services involving alcohol (with no dining option available), gambling or tobacco;
- online-only services;
- food delivery services;
- ride share services;
- public transport;
- adult entertainment services and retailers;
- cosmetic services and treatments;
- personal services (fitness training, physiotherapy, massage, naturopathy, dentistry, medical);
- private rentals;
- home repair and maintenance;
- vehicle sales and maintenance;
- tattoo parlours; and
Final inclusion is at the sole discretion of Destination Gold Coast.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS
Expressions of Interest (EOI) will be taken from 10am AEST on Monday, 23 August 2021 and close at 5pm AEST on Friday, 27 August 2021.
You can access the EOI form here: https://thisisgoldcoast.wufoo.com/forms/m13se1uv0wb9hk1/ or via the 'Apply Now' button below.
Unfortunately, submissions past this deadline cannot be included.