ABOUT PLAY MONEY rewards - border zone extension
The Queensland Government understands that many businesses located in the Border Business Zone are dependent on cross border trade and foot traffic and have been impacted by recent border closures announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer. As part of its commitment to supporting those businesses, the Queensland Government has approved an extension of the Play Money Rewards Program targeted at businesses in the Border Business Zone. The Queensland Government has partnered with the City of Gold Coast and Destination Gold Coast to deliver the extension.
The Queensland Government is investing $1 million into a ‘Play Money Rewards' program to support the Border Business Zones accommodation, dining, retail, and tours/attraction industries. The program will be facilitated by Destination Gold Coast.
The ‘Play Money Rewards' program is available to Gold Coast residents with rewards of $50 each on offer for dining, retail and tours/attractions when the purchase is $100 or more and $100 on offer for accommodation when the purchase is $200 or more.
‘Play Money Rewards' can be redeemed at participating Border Business Zone attractions (including arts and culture experiences), accommodation, restaurants, and local retail businesses.
A limit of five (5) ‘Play Money Rewards' will be available to Gold Coast residents aged 18 years or over from 9:00AM AEST on Wednesday, 3 November 2021 until the maximum allocation has been exhausted. 'Play Money Rewards' will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
All ‘Play Money’ rewards must be used by 11:59PM AEST on Monday, 31 January 2022.
Destination Gold Coast is inviting eligible businesses in the Border Business Zone to submit Expressions of Interest (using the link below) to be a part of the Program extension. Eligible business owners must submit an EOI (using the link below) by no later than 5:00PM, Tuesday 26 October 2021.
To be eligible a business must:
- be based and trading in the Border Business Zone (Coolangatta, Currumbin – Tugun and Currumbin Waters) since 30 June 2021 or on application;
- have an Australian Business Number for the business, that has been held continuously since 30 June 2021, which is registered to an address in the Gold Coast local government area;
- operate in an Eligible Industry and not be an Excluded Business.
While national retailers are an Excluded Business, Destination Gold Coast reserves the right to assess the eligibility for franchisees of national retailers to be approved providers. Important words and phrases used in these Terms and Conditions are explained below.
Who isn’t eligible to apply?
A business is not eligible to apply to be a part of the Play Money Rewards Program Border Business Zone Extension if the business:
- is not based and trading in the Border Business Zone;
- does not have an ABN held continuously since 30 June 2021;
- does not operate an Excluded Business.
Important words and phrases:
In these Terms and Conditions, the following words and phrases have the meanings given to them in this part.
Accommodation means an accommodation booking with an approved provider.
Approved Provider means an eligible business approved for inclusion in the Program Extension for the Border Business Zone.
Border Business Zone means the areas shown within the Gold Coast local government area also described as Coolangatta, Currumbin–Tugun and Currumbin Waters.
Eligible Experience means an experience available for purchase with an approved provider.
Eligible Industry means any one of the following industries:
- cafés and restaurants
- tours and attractions including scenic and sightseeing transport
- arts and culture including performing arts operations, theatres, and entertainment centres
- accommodation (excluding private rentals, Airbnb etc)
- local retailers
- hairdressers / barbers
- nail salons
- day spas (Incl. remedial massage treatments)
- amusement, theme parks, wildlife, and water parks
- recreational activities such as go-karting, indoor climbing, mini-golf, outdoor adventures etc.
Excluded Business means any one of the following:
- national retailers excluded;
- products or services involving alcohol (with no dining and/or retail option available), gambling or tobacco;
- online-only services;
- food delivery services;
- ride share services;
- public transport;
- adult entertainment services and retailers;
- medical procedures including cosmetic injectables and treatments
- personal services (personal fitness training, physiotherapy, dentistry, medical)
- private rentals;
- home repair and maintenance;
- vehicle sales and maintenance;
- tattoo parlours; and
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS
Expressions of Interest (EOI) will be taken from 5pm AEST on Friday, 8 October 2021 and close at 5pm AEST on Tuesday, 26 October 2021.
You can access the EOI form here: https://thisisgoldcoast.wufoo.com/forms/ma9c5fn1b5en1l/ or via the 'Apply Now' button below.
Unfortunately, submissions past this deadline cannot be included.