PLAY MONEY - TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BUSINESS
This Local Area Marketing Program (“Program”) is conducted by Gold Coast Tourism Corporation Ltd trading as Destination Gold Coast ABN 75-009-935-184 of Suite N301 Oracle North, 12 Charles Avenue, Broadbeach, Queensland, 4218, phone (07) 5592 2699, (“Promoter”).
The Promoter, in partnership with Experience Oz (“Partner”), have created a white label website for the Program with the promotion hosted on the Partner’s domain.
The Program will be valid from 9:00am AEST on Thursday, 16 September 2021 to 11:59pm AEST on Friday, 31 December 2021. (“Promotion Period”).
The Program will include a maximum allocation of 60,000 ‘Play Money Rewards' of $50 each, inclusive of GST, when the total booking value is $100 or more, inclusive of GST. Each 'Play Money Reward' will have a unique code that the business will require for redemption.
GOLD COAST BUSINESSES THAT WISH TO BE PART OF THE PROGRAM MUST:
A. Be permanently established and based in and conduct their business within the Gold Coast local government area and have an active ABN that is registered to an address within the Gold Coast local government area.
B. Be a registered COVID safe business and have a COVID-19 Safe Plan in place
C. Operate in one of the following eligible industries:
- cafés and restaurants
- tours and attractions including scenic and sightseeing transport
- arts and culture including performing arts operations, theatres, and entertainment centres
- accommodation (excluding private rentals, Airbnb etc)
- local retailers
- amusement, theme parks and water parks
- recreational activities such as go-karting, indoor climbing, mini-golf etc.
- outdoor adventures
D. Complete an Expression of Interest and submit this by 5:00PM on Friday, 27 August 2021
On acceptance into the Program, and when the Program is live, businesses will be provided with details to access the ‘Play Money Rewards' online business portal. Within the business portal businesses will see how many 'Play Money Rewards' have been purchased for their business and validate these when the ‘Play Money Reward' has been redeemed.
Businesses will be reimbursed within five to ten (5-10) days from the date of the ‘Play Money Reward' being redeemed within the business portal. Full payment of $100 (inclusive of GST) per redeemed ‘Play Money Reward' will be paid via EFT from the Promoter into the nominated bank account that was supplied by the business within their Expression of Interest.
Each ‘Play Money Reward' is for one-time use and will be deemed fully used once the ‘Play Money Reward' has been redeemed. Partial redemption is not permitted. Each 'Play Money Reward' is not legal tender and is not transferable.
‘Play Money Rewards' are only valid and redeemable during the Promotion Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected use of the promotional code or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of businesses and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any business who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the promotional code redemption process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Program is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Program or Promotion Period.
The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
- Any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any User whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
- Any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications;
- Any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Program;
- Any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering of this Program (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise);
- Any delay in acceptance or redemption of the Program;
- Restrictions on redemption of 'Play Money Rewards' from businesses with ‘Blackout’ dates and/or other restrictions;
- Terms and conditions set by businesses participating in the promotion.
All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. If for any reason any element of the Program becomes unavailable or not capable of being delivered to businesses for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter will have no obligation to provide a similar Program to businesses or otherwise compensate businesses in any way.
All businesses participate in the Program at their own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and the Council of the City of Gold Coast, and any of their personnel exclude all liability for, and each business participating in the Program must indemnify the Promoter its associated companies and agencies and the Council of the City of Gold Coast in respect of, any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any business or third party in connection with the Program.
The business acknowledges and permits the Promoter during and after the Program to:
1. Collect, store, handle, access, manage, transfer, use and disclose personal information about the business, including name, suburb and image, including transmission of such information outside of Australia and sharing such information with Council of the City of Gold Coast (City) if requested by the City, in which event any personal information will be handled by the City in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009. The Business may revoke its consent to this clause at any time upon written notice to the Promoter;
2. Contact the business for any reason related to the Program or other activities of the Promoter.
4. The Promoter reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions and/or to cancel the campaign at any time prior to the campaign concluding without further recourse to the business.