Australia's Favourite Destination
Welcome to the famous Gold Coast, Australia’s endless playground of entertainment and adventure. For generations we have been embracing and entertaining our special guests with a promise of big smiles and warm memories in a spectacle of golden beaches, legendary theme parks, iconic rainforests, and lively attractions.
Feel the excitement of life in the fun lane, where the sun shines on an unlimited variety of things to see and do all year round. Cuddle a koala, learn to surf, and walk a World Heritage listed rainforest trail in a day full of natural adventure. Scream with excitement on the biggest and best theme park rides, browse the boutiques, or putt your way to a win on a championship golf course. And as the sun sets over this city by the sea, treat yourself to an international stage show, dine on the freshest local produce and take your cocktail beachside as the Gold Coast glimmers through the night.
From the iconic Surfers Paradise beach to the dining precincts of Main Beach and Broadbeach and out to the lush, green hinterland, there’s a new experience waiting for you at every turn on the Gold Coast. Theme parks, world-renowned beaches and year-round sunshine are just a few of the reasons 10.5 million visitors flock to this vibrant city each year.
The Gold Coast is famous for fun.
- The Gold Coast covers an area of 415 square kilometres
- The Gold Coast is one of Australia's most bio-diverse cities
- A sublime subtropical climate delivers an average of 300 days of sunshine every year on the Gold Coast
- 70 kilometres of glorious beachfront
- 100,000 hectares of World Heritage Listed rainforest
- Ramsar Convention listed wetlands
- 1670 recorded species of native plants and 600 recorded species of native animals
- Australia’s first bikinis were designed and made on the Gold Coast in the 1940s by Paula Stafford. Despite early attempts by authorities to ban the swimwear, Paula’s Tog Shop soon attracted women (and men) from across the country and filled the beaches of the Gold Coast with bikinis