“DESTINATION GOLD COAST – EXPERIENCE ‘THE HERRADURA HACIENDA’ IN THE HEART OF THE SOUTHERN GOLD COAST” PROMOTION
HOW TO ENTER
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian QLD and NSW residents aged 18 years or over who:
(i) reside in a postcode listed in Annexure A at the end of these Terms and Conditions (“Eligible Entrant Postcodes”);
(ii) can travel on 3/6/23 – 4/6/23; and
(iii) have received the specific lead advertisement for this promotion on Facebook or Instagram.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences on Thursday 18th May 2023 and ends 11:59PM AEST on Tuesday 23rd May 2023 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
(a) follow the specific lead advertisement they have received via a META platform to the official entry page;
(b) input all the requested details (including their full name, phone number, email, postcode, confirmation of being 18 years or older) and their answer to the question “Why do you want to enjoy a weekend in Coolangatta and kick back at iconic spot, The Pink Hotel” in 25 words or less; and
(c) submit the fully completed entry form.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on the literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question.
11. The judging will commence on 24/5/23 at Gold Coast Tourism Corporation Ltd (trading as Destination Gold Coast, Suite N301-Oracle North, 12 Charles Avenue, Broadbeach QLD 4218). The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. Winners will be notified by email.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The best valid entry, as determined by the judges, will receive:
(i) a one (1) night stay on 3/6/23 for two (2) adults at The Pink Hotel Coolangatta in ‘The Herradura Hacienda’ hotel suite (valued at $339);
(ii) a $100 prepaid Mastercard to explore the sun-soaked restaurants and cafes that call this pocket of paradise home; and
(iii) one (1) 700ml bottle of Herradura Plata Tequila and other tequila serves including Capi mixers to make bespoke Herradura margaritas from the in-room bar, with instructions on how to make margaritas, if the winner wishes to, as well as a Snack Basket (valued at $94.99)
The total prize value is $534.99.
Spending money, meals, insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken on 3/6/23 and is subject to booking and availability. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card and identification at time of accommodation check in.
The option to book a bartender service is not included in the prize and is an additional cost of $100.00AUD per hour, subject to availability. Only bespoke Herradura cocktails are available to make and order in The Herradura Hacienda.
14. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prepaid Mastercard are not included. Any unused balance of the prepaid Mastercard will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the prepaid Mastercard is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the prepaid Mastercard.
15. For clarity, winners can spend the $100 prepaid Mastercard at their own discretion. Anything exceeding this value will come at the winners’ own expense.
16. The one (1) night stay at The Pink Hotel Coolangatta and $100 prepaid Mastercard are each subject to the operator and prepaid Mastercard terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and operators hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in the prize.
17. The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at www.nhmrc.gov.au. Entry and continued participation in this promotion is subject to the licensee’s liquor serving policy.
18. If for any reason the winner does not claim their prize by 5:00pm AEST 29/5/23, then the prize will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
19. If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
20. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
21. Total prize pool value is $534.99.
22. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
(d) the Content is the original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
23. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
24. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
25. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
26. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, META. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to META. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to META. META will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
27. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
29. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the one night stay at The Pink Hotel Coolangatta in ‘The Herradura Hacienda’ hotel suite is postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) taking of the prize.
The Promoter is Gold Coast Tourism Corporation Ltd (trading as Destination Gold Coast) (ABN: 75 009 935 184 ) of Suite N301 -Oracle North, 12 Charles Avenue, Broadbeach QLD 4218, telephone: 07 5592 2699 (“Promoter”).
Eligible Entrant Postcodes
2469, 2470, 2474, 2476, 2477, 2478, 2479, 2480, 2481, 2482, 2483, 2484, 2485, 2486, 2487, 2488, 2489, 2490, 4000, 4005, 4006, 4007, 4008, 4009, 4010, 4011, 4012, 4013, 4014, 4017, 4018, 4019, 4020, 4021, 4022, 4025, 4030, 4031, 4032, 4034, 4035, 4036, 4037, 4051, 4053, 4054, 4055, 4059, 4060, 4061, 4064, 4065, 4066, 4067, 4068, 4069, 4070, 4073, 4074, 4075, 4076, 4077, 4078, 4101, 4102, 4103, 4104, 4105, 4106, 4107, 4108, 4109, 4110, 4111, 4112, 4113, 4114, 4115, 4116, 4117, 4118, 4119, 4120, 4121, 4122, 4123, 4124, 4125, 4127, 4128, 4129, 4130, 4131, 4132, 4133, 4151, 4152, 4153, 4154, 4155, 4156, 4157, 4158, 4159, 4160, 4161, 4163, 4164, 4165, 4169, 4170, 4171, 4172, 4173, 4174, 4178, 4179, 4183, 4184, 4205, 4207, 4208, 4209, 4210, 4211, 4212, 4213, 4214, 4215, 4216, 4217, 4218, 4220, 4221, 4222, 4223, 4224, 4225, 4226, 4227, 4228, 4230, 4270, 4271, 4272, 4275, 4280, 4285, 4287, 4300, 4301, 4303, 4304, 4305, 4306, 4307, 4309, 4310, 4340, 4346, 4373, 4500, 4501, 4502, 4503, 4509, 4520