Gold Coast Wax Museum in Surfers Paradise is Australia's largest Museum of its kind, featuring more than 110 life-size wax effigies, copies of the British Crown Jewels and dioramas of Australian history.
Come face to face with Presidents and former Prime Ministers, Entertainers, members of the Royal Family, Dictators, and many others whose lives have all left an indelible mark on their world. You will find dozens of others from the Arts, Politics, Entertainments, Science, Medicine, and the Military.
The Gold Coast Wax Museum is listed as a Great Wax Museum of the World. The figures have been crafted by leading overseas sculptors to international standards, equal in quality to the world's best.
The incredibly intricate detail includes hair applied one strand at a time, requiring many working hours, and the eyes are so real they seem to follow you around.
In the Famous People section, wander through at your leisure viewing the people who have been authentically reproduced.
The Chamber of Horrors (set in its own medieval dungeon) is a guided tour covering the grim, staggering record of Human Cruelty throughout the ages. More spine chilling than fiction, it is the only display of its kind in the world.
- Enquiry Desk
- Family Friendly
- Gallery / Museum
- Interactive Centre
- Non Smoking
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.
- Caters for people with allergies and intolerances.
Gold Coast Wax Museum
56 Ferny Avenue, Gold Coast HighwaySurfers Paradise, Queensland 4217GET DIRECTIONS
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COUNTRY
Destination Gold Coast acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we are situated, the Kombumerri families of the Yugambeh Language Region.
We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging, and recognise their continuing connections to the lands, waters and their extended communities throughout Southeast Queensland.