Explore this iconic Gold Coast Wildlife Sanctuary. Immerse yourself into the wonder and natural beauty of 27 hectares of Currumbin rainforest, wandering through open animal enclosures, feeding kangaroos and cuddling koalas along the way.
Experience the wild lorikeet feeding, free-flight bird shows and Aboriginal performances. See the wonderful vets in action within the Wildlife Hospital precinct. With a huge outdoor themed playground, Wild Island, there is plenty of entertainment for kids to enjoy as they tour the sanctuary on a miniature train.
Lost Valley is our exotic precinct which features five hectares of stunning rainforest. Explore a forgotten world and get up close and personal with some of the world's most unique and distinctive flora and wildlife including friendly Lemurs, Cotton-top tamarins, Red pandas, Capybaras along with free-flying birds and exotic reptiles.
Now Open - Our new Outback Springs precinct is the perfect Aussie experience where you can meet farmyard animals, see Billie Tea demonstrations, pan for gem stones, and see the Outback reptiles and invertebrates.
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is a not-for-profit organisation and reinvests all proceeds back into wildlife and conservation programs.
- Coach Parking
- Conference/Function Facilities
- Enquiry Desk
- Family Friendly
- Food and Refreshments
- Lawn / Gardens
- Non Smoking
- Parents Room
- Picnic Area
- Shop / Gift Shop
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with allergies and intolerances.
- An access and inclusion statement is available (make this available on your website).
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
Gold Coast Highway, Corner of Tomewin StreetCurrumbin, Queensland 4223GET DIRECTIONS
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COUNTRY
Destination Gold Coast acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we are situated, the Kombumerri families of the Yugambeh Language Region.
We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging, and recognise their continuing connections to the lands, waters and their extended communities throughout Southeast Queensland.